CREATING MASJID IN YOUR ROOM

Q3. I want to make my room a masjid as you suggested in your lecture establishing an Islamic environment and me and my sister share the same room, I asked her but she is not convinced as we use internet in our room and pictures come on the internet and mosques should not have tasavir, and if I select a corner of my room for the masjid then there will still be pictures? So in that case can I make a small corner for masjid?
And second thing we also eat and sleep in our room can, if I make a masjid then can we eat and sleeping it?
And thirdly when we are in periods can we stay my room which I am going to make masjid, as women in menstruation cannot enter masjids so please suggest!

(Fatwa: 24/30/L=01/1435)

It is mustahab to specify a place in one’s home for worship.
قوله فى مسجد بيتما وهوالمعد لصلاتها الذى يندب لها ولكل أحد اتخاذه كما فى البزارية . نهر . و مقتضاه أنه يندب الرجل أيضاً أن يخصص موضعاً من بيته لصلاته النافلة (شامى: 3/429)
You may fix one corner of your room for prayer etc rather it is mustahab. However, the place shall not carry the ruling of Shariah masjid; hence it shall be lawful for you to eat, drink, sleep and stay in the state of haiz in that room.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive curated Islamic Q&A every week!

You have Successfully Subscribed!