Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » Nikah and Rukhsati

Nikah and Rukhsati

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Askimam.org

I have found someone to get married to but we have discussed she cant move in with me due to financial reasons and other issues(she lives far away too) Can Nikah and Walimah be done then she stay with her parents then she can move in with me after maybe a year and complete rukhsat on that day. 


In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.

It is permissible to perform the nikāh followed by the walima. It is advisable that the walima be after consummation of the nikāh, or after meeting your wife in seclusion. You and your wife may then agree for your wife to live with her parents until you are relieved from your financial responsibilities.

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Zakariya Memon

Student Darul Iftaa
Chatham, Canada 

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.


This answer was collected from Askimam.org, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Ebrahim Desai from South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: