Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » I am having trouble concentrating on salat, dhikr, etc. because I keep thinking about the obstacles I am facing right now in my life.

I am having trouble concentrating on salat, dhikr, etc. because I keep thinking about the obstacles I am facing right now in my life.

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Askimam.org

1. I am having trouble concentrating on salat, dhikr, etc. because I keep thinking about the obstacles I am facing right now in my life. I have tried everything, I think I am depressed. This is becoming very frustrating to me. I do not want to be ungrateful as I know Allah has blessed me with a lot. I want to develop taqwa and stregnthen my imaan. How can I focus more on deen rather than dunya? 2. My trust has been broken by someone close to me quite a few times. It is not a family member but a good friend. I want to forgive this person because they sound sincere when they apologize, but I am afraid they will break my trust again. Please advise…

Answer

1. Thoughts in Salaat are of two types; a) Voluntary and b) Involuntary. Involuntary thoughts are natural and beyond one’s control. There is no point in trying to control anything beyond one’s control. However, voluntary thoughts are within one’s control. They are brought in one’s mind by the person him/herself. That should be avoided. If the thought of the obstacles are involuntary, then there is no reason for you to be frustrated. It is a natural reaction. That thought may be used to enhance your attention and devotion to Allah.

2. You should forgive the person for breaking the trust but do not entrust anything in that friend in future. Do not limit your forgiveness but limit your dealings with people you do not trust.