Does writing or asking a statement of Kufr take one out of the fold of Islam?

A Muslim had thoughts of kufr of the statements, ‘I am not muslim, I denounce islam’, which he says in his mind to himself without any intention of kufr. So writes the below questions/queries in an email/Q&A website to a Mufti/maulana and also asks verbally to find out and understand the ruling/fatwa in such a matter/case. When he writes to the maulana/Mufti to enquire about these thoughts, he decides that instead of writing that these are thoughts that he has been thinking, he writes that he has verbally said the statements, ‘ I am not muslim, I denounce islam’, when in reality he hasn’t and didn’t say it verbally and refers to himself as written/explained in the below queries/questions (queries/questions copied and pasted below).

He wrote this in the email that he verbally said these particular statements was to get a ruling on such a matter. Does writing or verbally asking the below questions/queries make him a non-muslim/Murtaad? Questions/queries written to the mufti/maulana:

1)If I write in email that I have said the statement ‘I am not muslim, I denounce islam’, when in reality I haven’t and didnt say it. And the only reason I wrote this in the email that I said this particular statement was to enquire/ to get a fatwa and the ruling on such a matter. does this make me a non-muslim?

2) A person says: ‘ I am not muslim, I denounce islam’. If not sure of the intention at the time of saying this statements, does that make me a non-muslim? (End of questions/queries) The muslim never has/had any intention of kufr and never has Verbally said any kufr statements. Jazakallah khairan

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh. 

Your query was previously answered on July 29th, 2015. You may refer to the attached link:

http://askimam.org/public/question_detail/33742

And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best

Huzaifah Deedat

Student Darul Iftaa
Lusaka, Zambia

Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestmail