1.Could you explain the correct way of offering Janaza Prayer and the the Meaning of its Recitation.
2. Is there Any Difference between offering the Janaza for Men, women and Childrens.
3. can we offer the Janaza Prayer for the one who has died by killing himself. if so what to do for the deceased.
4. Finally what is the correct sunnah of Offering the Janaza Prayer. Please explain in detail.
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
The Sunnah method of performing the Janāzah Salaah is as follows:
1) Make Takbeer with raising the hands and recite the Thanā. i.e.
“Subĥāna kallāhuma Wa biĥamdika wa tabārakas muka Wa ta ‘ālā Jadduka Wa lā ilāha ghairuk.”
2) Then make a Takbeer without raising the hands and recite Durood Shareef. i.e.
“Allāhuma Śalli ‘alā Sayyidinā Muĥammad Wa ‘alā āli Muĥammadin kamā Śallaita ‘alā Ebrāhīma wa ‘alā āli Ebrāhīma innaka Ĥamīdum Majīd. Allāhuma Bārik ‘alā Muĥammad Wa ‘alā āli Muĥammadin kamā Bārakta ‘alā Ebrāhīma Wa ‘alā āli Ebrāhīma innaka Ĥamīdum Majīd.”
3) Then make Takbeer for the third time without raising the hands and make dua for the Mayyit. i.e.
“Allāhum Maghfir liĥayyinā wa mayyitina wa Shāhidinā wa ghā ibinā wa Śaghīrinā wa kabeerinā wa ťhakarinā wa Unthānā Allāhumma Man aĥ yay tahū minnā fa aĥ yee yi ‘alal islām wa man tawaffay tahū minnā fata waffahū ‘alal īmān.”
4) Then make Takbeer for the fourth time without raising the hands and make Salām. I.e. turn the head right and left.
The one performing the Janāzah Salāh should stand in line with the chest of the Mayyit; be it a male, female or child.
Salāhtul Janāzah will also be performed for a person who killed himself intentionally.
(Fatāwa Hindiya p163/164 vol1 Maktaba Rashīdiya)
And Allah knows best
Ml. Zakariyya bin Ahmed,
Student Darul Iftaa
Checked and Approved by:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah