Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Askimam.org » I have been visitng this website regularly. At one place I read that Yusuf Ali’s commentary on the Holy Quran is not so reliable. There is an instance where only he has translated Quran correctly

I have been visitng this website regularly. At one place I read that Yusuf Ali’s commentary on the Holy Quran is not so reliable. There is an instance where only he has translated Quran correctly

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Askimam.org

I have been visitng this website regularly. At one place I read that Abdullah Yusuf Ali’s commentary on the Holy Quran is not so reliable. However, there is an instance where only he has translated Quran correctly. The non muslims who wish to point out errors in the Quran (nauzubillah) pointed to one instance but that was due to an incorrect translation. Only Yusuf Ali had translated it correctly due to which the misconception could be cleared. 2) I visited a website answeringislam.com. Please tell me about a site wk=hich aptly answers the slanders they have heaped upon Islam and muslims.

Answer

You may refer to the book, ‘Errors of Yusuf Ali’ by Musjlisul Ulama (PE)

We recommend the following English translations: Muhammad Pickthall
(Translation); Muhsin Khan (Translation); Tafseer-e-Usmani (with
commentary); Daryabadi (with commentary); Maariful Qurãn (with commentary).
NB. Any translation of the Noble Qurãn must be accompanied with the Arabic
text next to the translation.