Dua to find lost items

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by TheMufti.com

Q. What can I read to find my lost items?

A. When an item is lost adopt all possible means to locate the item. Also make Dua to Allah to put effect in the means you adopt to locate the item. The following Duas are tried and tested for locating lost items:

• Recite إنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُون (To Allah we belong and unto him do we return) (2:158) as much as possible.
  • Recite Surah Dhuhaa (Surah 93) seven times.
  • Recite Surah Dhuhaa (Surah 93) once, but repeat the following verse thrice:

وَوَجَدَكَ ضَالًّا فَهَدَى

And he found you wandering and he guided you (93:7)

It is reported that Ja’far Khalids ring had fallen in the river Dajlah. He recited the following Dua:

اللهم يا جامع الناس ليوم لاريب فيه اجمع ضالتي

Transliteration: Allahumma Ya Jaamiun Naas Liyowil La Raiba Feeh Ijmaa’ Daalati

Translation: O Allah, the assembler of humanity on that day in which there is no doubt (Day of Judgment). Do return to me my lost property.

After a few days he found the ring while paging through a book.

After making Dua and adopting some or all of the above, focus on taqdeer. If Allah has decreed for you to get the item, you will be successful. If Allah decreed otherwise, be happy with the decree of Allah.

(Remedies from the Holy Quran by Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi. Pg. 106.)

Allah Ta’ala Knows Best

Mufti Ismaeel Bassa

This answer was collected from TheMufti.com, which is a fatwa portal managed by Mufti Ismaeel Bassa from South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from: TheMufti.com