Shaykh Ismaeel Bassa

Hanafi Fiqh

How does one compensate for intentionally broken fasts of Ramadaan?

Q. When I was young, after becoming Baaligh, I would eat Sehri and break my Ramadaan fasts at school without any valid reason. At that time, I was unware of the importance of fasting. This happened for approximately 3 Ramadaans. I have not kept any of the fasts or Kaffarahs as yet. Now that I fully understand its importance and am able to keep them, please advise how should I go about doing it?

Hanafi Fiqh

Permissibility of crossing a person following the Imaam in Salaah

Q. In many Masjids, the Imaam leads the Salaah facing the front wall of the Masjid. After the Imaam terminates and completes the Salaah, there are many people who stand up to complete the Rakaats missed behind the Imaam. This makes it difficult for all those who have completed their Salaah behind the Imaam to move to other saffs at the back of the Masjid. Is it sinful to cross in front of all those who are still completing their Rakaats missed behind the Imaam to move to other saffs at the back of the Masjid?

Hanafi Fiqh

Filing abnormal teeth

Q. I had a gap in between my front teeth which closed after using braces. A gap remains at the bottom of the upper front teeth that is no longer level and is abnormal. Is it permissible to file the bottoms of the teeth to level them?