Molana sir salaams,
these questions are regarding Friday Jummuah prayer
- For the imam to say salaam to all the musalees when he goes on the minbar is this sunnat?
- When imam says in khutba the ayat which begins inallaha wamalaaikatahu yusaluna alan nabiy when he ends on “taslima” do all the musalis have to say durood?
- When imam says duas in khutba do you say ameen loud?
- No, the imam should not say salaam when he gets on the mimbar.
- They would be permitted to say it in their minds, but not out loud, this is because the adab of the khutba is to listen silently and attentively.
- No, they may say it in their minds, but not out loud. Also, too many lengthy duaas in the khutba are against the sunnat. It was never the habit of the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasallam to make long duaas in the khutba. His would be short and sweet – to the point.