Traveling Daily During Ramadan

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Seekersguidance.org

Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam

Question: Salams brother,

I will travel daily at least 100 Kilometers due to work.
Should I count this as a travel for exemption from Fasting? How about prayers? reduced or full?

Answer: Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I pray that you are in the best of health and faith, insha’Allah.

(1) Yes, you will shorten your prayers during your journey. You can begin shortening them from the point you leave your city boundary. [see: Shortening Prayers when Traveling for Leisure?]

(2) You will be excused from fasting if you initiate your journey and have left your city boundary before the entrance of Fajr time. However, if it does not pose a difficulty for you to fast, you should strive to do so. [see: Should I Feel Bad for Not Fasting When I Had to Travel?]

And Allah alone gives success.

Wassalam,

Tabraze Azam

Checked & Approved by Faraz Rabbani

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.

Find more answers indexed from: Seekersguidance.org