Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Seekersguidance.org » Is Expiation Due for My Oath and Protection from Black Magic

Is Expiation Due for My Oath and Protection from Black Magic

Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam

Question: Once I swore that I would not forgive a person unless she asks for forgiveness. I didnt take swear on Allah or the Qur’an. So now should I have to make expiation if I break this oath?

Also, what is the best thing to recite for personal security from all kinds of evil and Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam?

Answer: Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I pray that you are in the best of health and faith, insha’Allah.

[1] No, there is no expiation for what you said. But in general, be easy-going with people as much as possible. The merciful shall be shown mercy by the All-Merciful.

[2] Recite Ayat al-Kursi at least daily, and al-Ikhlas, al-Falaq, and al-Nas thrice morning and evening. See also: The Evil Eye: A Reality?

May Allah bless and facilitate success for you in this life and the next.

And Allah alone gives success.

wassalam,

Tabraze Azam

Checkec & Approved by Faraz Rabbani

This answer was collected from Seekersguidance.org. It’s an online learning platform overseen by Sheikh Faraz Rabbani. All courses are free. They also have in-person classes in Canada.