Q: Please advise regarding the Azaan:
(1) Should Masnoon Dua’s be recited during the Azaan? For example, the Masnoon Dua’s for entering the Masjid, when boarding a vehicle, when leaving the home and so forth.
(2) If a person is standing during the Azaan, should he remain standing until the Azaan has been completed before he sits down/performs Salaah?
(3) A person enters the Masjid just before the Muazzin is about to commence the Azaan. Is it correct for him to commence Tahiyatul Masjid or Sunnah Salaah at this point i.e. a few seconds before the Azaan? In this manner, almost his entire Salaah will be performed during the Azaan.
(4) It is often observed that those who arrive early to the Masjid (much before the Azaan and within the Salaah time) only perform their Sunnah Salaah after the Azaan has been given. It gives the impression that they were waiting for the Azaan in order to perform their Salaah. Is this correct?
(5) Should one greet a person with Salaam and shake his hands during the Azaan?
(6) Should one respond to the Salaam of a person during the Azaan?
(7) Can one verbally inform others to keep quiet during the Azaan whilst the Azaan is going?
(8) Should one respond to the Azaan heard over a recording or live streaming audio?
(9) Should one avoid ‘answering the call of nature’ during the Azaan?
2. Once you have entered the musjid then the etiquette of the musjid is that you get into the first row and if there is sufficient time then you may perform Tahiyyatul musjid. If not then sit down, but don’t remain standing.
3. Commence the Tahiyyatul musjid.
5 – 6. Yes, as long as it does not interrupt or delay in you getting the jamaat.
8. If it is live, then respond to it.
9. It is better to leave everything else and focus towards the azaan entirely.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.