Repenting from a haraam relationship

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I am in love with a girl, but our parents are against it rightly so. I have told the girl that we should marry the person whom our parents choose and I have told her that by doing this we will meet in jannah. Can she be my wife in jannah as I am leaving her only for Allah’s sake?


A: Strive to enter Jannah and make taubah for this wrong relationship. Insha-Allah in the event you do enter Jannah you will receive all that you desire for.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)