Parents asking son on drugs to leave the home

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: Our son aged 21 smokes weed and refuses to read salah most days, (we and siblings do read salat). He is applying for a job and he refuses to be tested for weed. What shoudl we do Islamicaly? Can we ask him to leave the house, etc.?


A: The parents can ask him to leave.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!