Faskh

Q: Me and my husband were living in U.K. I got divorced from him because of continuous arguments through the court of Pakistan. The court sent him a letter to inform him about the case and he received it but didn’t hire any solicitor there. I got divorced from him after a few months but he never signed any letter neither said that he is giving me divorce. After two weeks of getting the divorce I got married with another person and I had nikah with him only for a month and I got divorced from him as well. Now I’m back in U.K and my first husband is claiming that I’m still his wife because he never divorced me and I asked through court but with false allegations that’s why my second nikah and divorce doesn’t count but actually considered as zina. Please clarify this issue I’m so confused.

A: It will be important for you to refer your entire case before some Pakistani ulama. They should know all the court proceedings and the order of faskh. Then only can we be in a position of saying whether the court faskh was valid or not.