1) Can you give detailed explanation on why does a son has more share on the wealth of his parents than a daughter? How shall a property/asset be distributed among 4 daughters and a son?
2) What’s the Islamic perspective of a daughter’s lineage – Is her lineage regarded as her and her in laws’ descendants only? I read somewhere that Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) stated about Hazrat Hussain (R.A) and Hazrat Hassan (R.A) being his bloodline whereas, generally, a child is a descendent of his father and beyond him.
3) Can we consider Hazrat Hajra being the most prominent islamic woman of all time – due to the obvious historical struggle she had in Makkah and her struggle is being remembered every year during hajj and umrah whereas no other woman has been given this much importance.
1. Allah Ta`ala has apportioned these shares. Like He has made your nose in front of your face.
If these are the only surviving heirs of the mayyit then the estate will be divided into 6 equal shares and distributed as follows:
Son will receive 2 shares
Each daughter will receive 1 share
2. A child is a descendant of both parents.
3. Yes, she is among the great women of the world.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)