Obeying one’s parents in matters of nikaah

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: There is a man who is in love with me but he is married with 3 kids. He does not want to tell his wife about us because he says it will be problem. But he loves me and wants to make nikaah with me. What should I do? Please advise.


A: Speak to your parents and elders. You should have nothing to do with him. Let your parents do all these discussions.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!