Nabi’s (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) advice to ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abbas (radiyallahu ‘anhuma)

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

To whom did Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) say the following:

“If you keep Allah, Allah would keep you”?

Answer

You are probably referring to the following lengthy Hadith, a part of which is presented below:

Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abbas (radiyallahu ‘anhuma) reports:

Once I was riding behind Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) when He said to me,

O youngster, protect Allah (by fulfilling his commandments and by staying away from sins) and Allah will protect you (from the plots of this world and from the difficulties of the Day of Qiyamah)…”

(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 2516. Declared authentic –hasanun sahih– by Imam Tirmidhi.)

And Allah Ta’ala Know best

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com