The children of Fatimah (radiyallahu ‘anha) will be attributed to Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by HadithAnswers.com

What is authenticity of following narration?

لكل بني أنثى عصبة ينتمون إليه إلا ولد فاطمة، فأنا وليهم وأنا عصبتهم

‘Every [child] links himself to his paternal family except the children of Fatimah, for I am in charge of them and they will be attributed/linked to me’

Answer

Imam Tabarani (rahimahullah) and other Muhaddithun have recorded this narration with a weak chain.

(Al Mu’jamul Kabir, Hadith: 2632, Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 4 pg. 224)

However, ‘Allamah Sakhawi (rahimahullah) has stated that the Hadith gains strength from other corroborating narrations. The Hadith is sufficiently supported.

(Al Maqasidul Hasanah, Hadith: 821)

And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.

Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala

Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar

Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar

This answer was collected from HadithAnswers.com. The answers were either answered or checked by Moulana Haroon Abasoomar (rahimahullah) who was a Shaykhul Hadith in South Africa, or by his son, Moulana Muhammad Abasoomer (hafizahullah), who is a Hadith specialist. 

Find more answers indexed from: HadithAnswers.com