What can a woman do if her husband refuses to give her divorce?

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by DarulUloomTT.net

If a woman wants to get a divorce but the husband refuses to do so. Is there some form of grounds that has to happen before she requests a divorce?

Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah,

If a woman wants to be divorced by her husband, then she must have valid reasons for this. If she has valid grounds for seeking a divorce and the husband refuses to give it to her, then she can request an annulment of the marriage by presenting her case to a committee which is established for this purpose. Here also, she must have valid grounds for seeking an annulment of the marriage. The committee will then look into her case and judge accordingly.

And Allah Knows Best.

Mufti Waseem Khan.


This answer was collected from DarulUloomTT.net, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Waseem Khan from Darul Uloom Trinidad and Tobago.