I have just joined a new company. I get about 45 minutes to an hour for lunch. I have to offer my Duhr and Asr prayers at work. Could I do my Duhr and Asr one after the other. I could offer late Duhr, (not Qada) and then do Asr right after it. I also want to clarify that I am doing this because there is one room where I can do my prayers and this room is not always available, so saying both prayers at their respective time and having a gap between the two prayers is sometimes impossible.

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Daruliftaa.com

ANSWER

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Yes, it would be permissible for you to combine Zuhr and Asr prayers, but only in a way that both are offered in their respected times, as in the way you have mentioned. This is allowed as both prayers are performed in their times, which is a condition for the validity of prayer.

Allah Most High says in the Qur’an:

“Verily prayer has been ordained upon the believers on its appropriate time.” (Qur’an, 4: 103)

And Allah Knows Best

[Mufti] Muhammad ibn Adam
Darul Iftaa
Leicester , UK

This answer was collected from Daruliftaa.com, which is headed by Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam Al-Kawthari. He’s based in the United Kingdom.

Find more answers indexed from: Daruliftaa.com