Who Would the Wife be with in Jannat?

Answered by: Maulana Belaal Ahmed​

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Question

I have been suffering from this question for a while. Do women have to be with their husbands in paradise? Can I be loyal and good to a husband in this world and make dua for the one I couldn’t marry due to his death? Basically, will we be given a choice if we make dua to be reunited with the one we love and wish them to be our partner or will Allah just take away my wish and make me satisfied with my husband even when I pray to with someone else? Or do we not have free will in this matter in the next world and Allah makes all our feelings go away? Thanks.

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيْم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful 

Answer

In principle, a woman will be with the one she was in Nikah with it at the time of any of them passing away.

However, I would like to remind you this is an issue of the unseen which we are not obliged to delve into. Remember, a person in Jannah will not have any regrets or worries and he will be in total constant joy.

Only Allah knows best

Answered by Maulana Belaal Ahmed

Checked and approved by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive curated Islamic Q&A every week!

You have Successfully Subscribed!