1

Semen leaving its place with sexual arousal

Answered by Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah

Question:

Assalaam Alaikum Sheikh,

When I become sexually excited, a fluid seeps out of my private part. There is a tingling sensation and itchiness in my private part when it seeps out, but clearly there is no sexual pleasure or orgasm when it seeps out because I have experienced an orgasm before. I am always in doubt since it is difficult to differentiate female ejaculation from other fluids which are discharged from a women’s private part unlike men. Since it affects our daily prayers, so do I still need to perform ghusl?

Answer:

Bismillah

Ghusl becomes obligatory if there is a discharge of sperm to the surface body provided it separates from its place due to sexual arousal. (Nurul Idah p.54)

What the aforementioned ruling is telling us is that if there was sexual arousal when the sperm left its place, ghusl will be obligatory even though there is no arousal when it is departing the body.

Therefore, in your situation if this semen was emitted at the time of sexual arousal ghusl will be obligatory.

Only Allah Knows Best

Mohammed Tosir Miah

Darul Ifta Birmingham

This answer was collected from DarulIftaBirmingham.co.uk, which is run under the supervision of Mufti Mohammed Tosir Miah from the United Kingdom.