I like it very much and want it to be my new born daughter’s name. What is the meaning of “Eishal” or Eishaal”? Is it an Islamic name?

Answer

(Fatwa: 1168/853/D=1433)

You chose the name yourself and now you are asking the meaning from us.
One should choose any name of the Prophets, Sahaba, Sahabiyat and pious persons. You should keep your daughter’s name on the name of Sahabiyat, holy wives, holy daughters and the pious wives of believers that you like e.g. Kulsum, Zainab, Umm Aiman, Umm Salem, Zuwairiya, Hafsah, Asiya etc.
The essence of virtues and ability in such types of names is that these names have been of pious women. Verbal meanings have nothing to do with it. However, it is necessary to know the meaning of non-famous names lest its meaning is wrong or unfit. We could not find the meaning of Eishal or Eishaal in the Urdu and Arabic dictionary. From which language do these names belong to?