God has rewarded us a new baby boy. We like to name him ‘Ayaan’ meaning ‘God’s Gift’. I would like to know whether this is the right meaning for this name. Is this a good name to name the baby.? How to write /spell this word in Arabic?

Answer

(Fatwa: 1381/1192=B/1429)

In dictionaries, the word ?Ayaan? with the meaning: ?God’s Gifts? was not found. Every existent thing is called ?Ain? and ?Ayaan? is its plural form. There is no wrong in the name as per this meaning, you can keep the name. In Arabic it will be written like this: أعيان

However, according to Hadith the best names are: Abdullah, Abdur Rahman and Haaris.