A: In this case you are allowed to resort to treatment to cover the scars and the marks. This type of cosmetic is allowed. The haraam cosmetic is that which is done to alter or change the natural and normal way one looks. Acne is an illness and the marks it leaves is not something natural or normal. You are therefore, permitted to use substances to cover these marks.
Using Cosmetics to Cover Blemishes
Q: Are you allowed to put foundation on your face to cover you blemishes or is this part of makeup and shouldn’t be worn in front of non mahrems? I’ve got marks/scars on my face because of the acne I used to have.
This answer was collected from AskMufti.co.za, which is operated under the supervision of Mufti Siraj Desai of Darul-Uloom Abubakr, South Africa.
Find more answers indexed from: Askmufti.co.za
- To take control of estate
- He told me that because they didn’t go to the court personally, he’ll have to pay to get a new ID in which her name will be logically erased and it will say divorced instead of married. Can you please tell me if this is valid? He has divorced her by saying “talaq” three times…
- What is shirk?
- Partnership and taking out an interest based loan
- Shaving Beard Due to Job
- Learning salah by watching video and about imam Mahdi
- Is Zakat Due on a Gold Loan?