What is the process for marriage? and Can I move out before I get married?

I converted to Islam recently and I don’t have a Muslim family member. I am confused as to how I should go about getting married when the time comes. And, for the moving out part, Is is permissable? I mean I live with my mother and her boyfriend and they do drugs and stuff. I am worried about my safety. Is it permissable to move if I can make it on my own? I am 17. My parents have also forbid me to wear scarf in there house and when I’m out with them. What shall I do? I have tried to reson with them and I stay kind to them I am just not sure if Allah will punish me for my parents’ ways.

Answer

In view of the circumstances explained by you, we advise that if possible,
you should move out from your mother’s home. You should also apply wisdom
and diplomacy in trying to reform your mother.

FATWA DEPT.