Can you please tell me how many children did rasuallah (saw) had?
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh
Rasulullah SallallahuAlaihiWaSallam had seven children; three of whom were males and four were females:
1) The name of the first child was Qasim Radhiyallahu ‘Anhu who passed away in his infancy.
2) The second was Zaynab Radhiyallahu ‘Anha who grew up, married and even migrated to Madinah Munawwarah. However, shortly after her migration she passed away.
3) The third was Ruqayyah Radhiyallahu ‘Anha who was in the marriage of ‘UthmanRadhiyallahu ‘Anhu and had passed away whilst Rasulullah SallallahuAlaihiWaSallam was in the battle of Badr.
4) The forth was Ummu Kulthoom Radhiyallahu ‘Anha who, after the demise of her sister Ruqayyah Radhiyallahu ‘Anha, married ‘Uthman Radhiyallahu ‘Anhu. She passed away in the ninth year of migration.
5) The fifth was Fatimah Radhiyallahu ‘Anha who was in the marriage of ‘Ali Radhiyallahu ‘Anhu and the only one from Rasulullah’s SallallahuAlaihiWaSallam children to live on after his demise. She passed away six months after Rasulullah SallallahuAlaihiWaSallam.
6) The sixth was ‘Abdullah Radhiyallahu ‘Anhu who was also known as Tayyib or Tahir. There is difference of opinion whether he was called Tayyib or Tahir or whether these were other children. The correct view is that these were nicknames given to him. He passed away in Makkah Mukarramah during his childhood.
7) The last child was Ibrahim Radhiyallahu ‘Anhu who was the only one born from other than Khadejah Radhiyallahu ‘Anha. He passed away when he was just over a year old.
The sons and daughters of Rasullullah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) were all born to him from his wife Umm al-Mu’mineen Khadeejah (may Allaah be pleased with her), apart from Ibrahim (Radhiyallahu Anhu)), who was born from the Prophet’s Hadhrat Maariyah (may Allaah be pleased with her), who was given to him as a gift by al-Muqawqis, the king of Alexandria.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Checked and Approved,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
1 والاصح انهم ثلاثة ذكور وأربع بنات متفق عليهن وكلهم من خديجة بنت خويلد الا إبراهيم الى اخر الباب] شرح الزرقاني علي المواهب اللدنية[ 316/4
زاد المعاد 100/1 وكذاامتاع الاسماع 357/5