(1) A man travels 75 km then comes back towards his house for 8 km then goes back at 75 km will he be musafir and pray qasr or full salah? (2) A man is travelling on a straight road and his destination is at 70 km but in between he turns to right for some purpose 5 km inside, now including that 5 km going and coming back that is 10 km extra now is he musafir or not? (3) What is the limit to become a musafir? Is there any narration of more that 78 km? If yes, please give its details? (4) When we are travelling from where will we start counting the km from our house or from the border of the city please clarify?
(1) He will be musafir (traveller) and do qasr.
(2) Now he travelled 80 km instead of 70 km, hence he will be musafir.
(3) The distance of journey is 48 English miles, and in kilometre it is 77.4 km. Some people say that mile means other mile and as per them the distance is 95 km. But our Akabir such as Hadhrat Gangohi, Hadhrat Thanvi, Hadhrat Mufti Kifayatullah (رحمهم الله) etc meant 48 English miles, and that is practiced.
(4) When one goes out of one’s village or its boundary then the km shall be counted from that place up to the place which is destination where its suburbs and outskirts start.
Allah (Subhana Wa Ta’ala) knows Best
Darul Uloom Deoband