Making a mistake in the Qiraat in Salaah
Q: If one makes a mistake in the Qiraat of fardh salaah which did not change the meaning, what should be done?
A: If it does not change the meaning the namaaz is valid.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Read these QA to learn more..
- If the Imam makes a mistake in the qiraat of the salaah and three ayats were not recited nor was one long ayat recited, should the salaah be repeated or does sajda-e-sawh rectify the mistake?
- Making Sajdah-e-sahw if one is performing Asr 15 minutes before Magrib and makes a mistake in Salaah
- Assalaamu alaikum repected mufti saaheb a woman in the condition of haidh or nifaas is not allowed to recite quraan. the question arises as to the meaning of ‘recite’. in the masala of qiraat in a sirri salaah, accroding to Shaami, the bare minimum is that the reciter hear his recitation or (according to other aqwaal) tasheehul huroof. so my questions are thus : 1) what is the rulimg with regards to a women in the above mentioned state, who recites quraan without hearing herself, or in her mind. so does this constitute qiraat? 2) what is the ruling regarding a persom who recites quraan in a sirri salaah without hearing himself. ( keeping in mind that tasheehul huroof is nigh impossible without making a sound). jazaakallah
- Asalaamu alaykum. Recently in our masjid a hafiz boy was leading a fardh salaah and in the recitation of surah Hud aayat # 40, instead of “Hatta itha jaa a’amrunaa” he read “Hatta itha jaa anaa”. I am a hafiz too and I heard that if a major mistake is made in the recitation by which the meaning of the aayat changes, then the salaah will not be valid. I thought it changed the meaning, but I am not sure whether it is considered a major mistake or not. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know if our salaah was valid or not. Also I would appreciate if you could please let me know by what kind of recitation mistakes one’s salaah becomes invalid.
- Qiraat in Salaah
- I have a unconsciuos habit of clicking my tongue when I make a mistake when making a mistake while reading taraweeh. I correct my mistake or am corrected by one of the hafiz behind me. Because of the mistake on my part regarding the sound of my tongue , is the namaaz broken. Therefore do I have to perform the two rakaats over ?