The Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama’ah
- Who are the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama’ah?
- Are the following groups from them a) Shia b) barelwi c) qaadiyaani d)deobandi e) salafi?
- Who are the ash-‘ari, mamaati, hayaati and maturidi and what are their believes?
- Are they from the ahlus sunnah wal Jama’ah?
1. The forerunners of the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama`ah were the Sahaabah (radhiyallahu anhum). Thereafter, it refers to those people who follow the sunnah and the jamaat of the Sahaabah (radhiyallahu anhum) as well as the pious elders like the a’immah-e-mujtahideen etc.
2. We know that the Deobandis are from them. We do not vouch for any other group. Shiahs are definitely not among them because their religion revolves around reviling the Sahaabah (radhiyallahu anhum).
3. There are sufficient kitaabs that are written on this topic. You may refer to them.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.