Meaning of a Durood

Q: When I think of Imam shafi’ees Durood, for some reason I dislike to say the second part of the Durood, using the amount of ghaflat the ghafil people are engaging in as an amount to send Durood to Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). In my mind this is disrespectful to Nabi (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). Please can mufti saheb clarify and make me understand how to look at this?

A: The meaning of this Durood is supplicating to Allah Ta’ala to send durood upon Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) perpetually i.e. In the time people remember to send Durood upon Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and in the time people are unmindful of sending Durood upon Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam).