Error in the suppliers calculation

Q: I do accounts for a muslim person. Recently a situation arose where we owed a supplier R100.00 (for example) according to my books but according to the supplier he said we owed him R50.00 only.The reason for the difference is for an error in calculation on the suppliers part. I pointed this out to my employer but he still chose to stay quiet. What should I do? Is what he is doing correct?

A: If you have informed your employer of the error, you are absolved of your responsibility.

And Allah Ta’ala knows best.

وَأَطِيعُوا اللَّـهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ فَإِن تَوَلَّيْتُمْ فَإِنَّمَا عَلَىٰ رَسُولِنَا الْبَلَاغُ الْمُبِينُ (سورة التغابن)