Reconciling after khula’

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I divorced my wife once but I took her back into my marriage. Thereafter she became pregnant. Then she asked me for a separation (khula’). After giving her khula’, now we would like to get married again knowing that she is 6 months pregnant. What is the procedure to follow?


A: If it was just divorce and khula that you have done then two divorces have become valid. In order to get back to her, you should make a new nikaah in the presence of some adult male muslim witnesses.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to IslamQA Weekly Newsletter

You will receive 5 Q&A in your inbox every week

We have sent a confirmation to you. Please check the and confirm your subscription. Thank you!