Adulterer marrying a chaste woman

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I’m a 26 year old Muslim man. I committed zina multiple times with a Hindu female friend after which I felt guilty and asked Allah for forgiveness. I stayed away from zina after that.

Now my parents are searching for a good and practicising Muslim girl for my marriage but I am not sure whether it is halaal for me to marry a good and chaste Muslim woman, as I have read that a zaani marries a zaaniya or a mushrikah. Please tell me what to do.


A: Yes, you can marry a chaste woman.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:

Pin It on Pinterest