Nikaah breaking through the husband leaving the fold of Islam

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za
Prev Question
Next Question

Q: My sister married a boy who converted to Islam. Soon after the marriage he again converted to Hinduism. The boy left her and went away without giving her a talaaq. She had not informed her family about the marriage. Her parents got her married to someone else who gave her talaaq within 2 months of their marriage. The Hindu boy then suddenly called her and gave her a talaaq. Can she now get married to someone?


A: Her nikaah had broken when he had become a hindu. His talaaq now has no effect.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.