Husband wanting children without having intercourse

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I married 2 years ago. Since my husband is working in a foreign country, we don’t have children. Though he returns home he refuses to stay with me, and always be nervous about his job. If he wishes, he stays with me, and he refuses to fulfil my desires and feelings, but he wants children and sometimes hurts me for not having a baby for 2 years in front of others. All my family question me, what should I do? How can I have baby without him? Are there any duas to get my husband’s love? And to have a baby quickly?


A: The system of the world is that you have to marry and be intimate with your husband in order for you to get a legitimate child.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest