Using interest money to pay tax

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: As per new Saudi rules, they are charging many levy, taxes, even charges of exit/entry and iqama charges. My father have 7 dependents under him which and we are paying government more than 40,000 riyal from our halal earned money. In this case, is it possible to pay them by depositing our money in fixed deposits and give them interest amount and get rid of it? 


A: To put the money in a fixed deposit account will be equivalent to depositing to earn riba. This obviously is a curse.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics:
Related QA

Pin It on Pinterest