Marital problems

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za
Prev Question
Next Question

Q: I’m married for 2 years. After nikkah I shifted to my husband in Germany. After marriage we realized that we are two different people. I wanted his love but he said that he is not attracted to me. This thing frustrated me alot and left me in a condition of stress and depression. We had no intimate relation. We had so many arguments and fights because we were not having the basic relation. When I saw that he cares about other relations and friendsand they are very important in his life and it does not matter whether I’m present in his life or not. I couldn’t take on the ignorance and lack of love from my husband anymore and moved back to my parents. His parents, relatives and friends advised him alot that he should fulfill my rights. After three months my husband contacted me and said that for the sake of his parents he wants me to come back. He’ll give me respect and we’ll have kids but he doesn’t love me. I’m very much confused about my decision. What should I do according to Islamic teachings? At this point it is very difficult for me to trust my husband. Should I take a decision of khula or should I give it another chance?


A: I suggest that you discuss this matter with your parents and you could then decide.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.