Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Muftionline.co.za » Breastfeeding over 2 years

Breastfeeding over 2 years

Answered as per Hanafi Fiqh by Muftionline.co.za

Q: I didn’t know that a mother can breastfeed her baby upto two years. I am feeding my baby boy till now and he is already 2 1/4 years. I have committed sin .What should I do?


A: Make istigfaar for surpassing the limit and immediately stop breastfeeding him.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from MuftiOnline.co.za, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Read answers with similar topics: