1. How should we discard the papers/school books/note books having words written like Allah, Allah’s names or ayahs etc.?
2. Which words need to be given respect and removed from before throwing away the books? Are the words Quran, Rasool, Nabi, Muhammad or any Surah’s name to be discarded with respect?
3. If we burn them, can the ash be thrown anywhere?
1. Bury them respectfully in some container, or alternately you may burn them.
2. These are all words of respect.
3. Preferably in some corner of your home where nobody’s foot will tramp upon.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)