Irregular bleeding after undergoing an operation

Q: I m 39 years old. 16 years back I had an ectopic operation due to which one of my ovaries was removed which is responsible for producing estrogen hormones. Since that day my menstrual cycle has become irregular. My past normal days were 7. Now bleeding is for 2 days in the start then completely stops. No stains til; 8 days, then on 9, 10 and 11th day I again get some brownish discharge. Should I consider this as haidh or istihaaza?

A: Follow your past cycle of seven days and regard the remainder days as istihaaza. However, if the bleeding stops within ten days (i.e. bleeding takes place for two days and thereafter it stops and then it recommences and stops within ten days), then the entire period will be regarded as haidh (i.e. from the first bleeding till the end of the second bleeding).