1. Can a dead Muslim feel the feelings of his close relatives after his death? i.e their sorrows, weeping, happiness and they are remembering him or not after him/her? The soul of a good Muslim can come in the world to know about his family? I heard that the soul come to the place where he/she died for forty days. And they come if there is halwa or some good thing cooked like chicken and if there is lentil like masur dal then they go away, I heard that it is common concept of deobandis and bralvis.
2. Do we feel or see the souls of our close relatives? What is the reality of dreams about dead ones?
3. Dead can not hear us? but most muftis say that they can hear due to prophet saw used to say salam to them.
Surah fatir وَمَا يَسْتَوِي الْأَحْيَاءُ وَلَا الْأَمْوَاتُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُسْمِعُ مَنْ يَشَاءُ ۖ وَمَا أَنْتَ بِمُسْمِعٍ مَنْ فِي الْقُبُورِ
surah naml إِنَّكَ لَا تُسْمِعُ الْمَوْتَىٰ وَلَا تُسْمِعُ الصُّمَّ الدُّعَاءَ إِذَا وَلَّوْا مُدْبِرِينَ
surah roam فَإِنَّكَ لَا تُسْمِعُ الْمَوْتَىٰ وَلَا تُسْمِعُ الصُّمَّ الدُّعَاءَ إِذَا وَلَّوْا مُدْبِرِينَ
1. If Allah Ta`ala allows he may be able to perceive this.
3. This is possible with Allah’s consent.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)