Wife reverting to her previous religion

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: I have been married one year and three months to a Muslim convert woman. She was practicing Islam till about three months ago when she decided to revert to her former religion (IFA ORISHA). Should I divorce her?


A: If she reverts then she is no more in your nikaah. She is haraam for you. Hence, you should definitely separate her and cut off all communications with her.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: