Claiming damages from the person who knocked one’s car

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by

Q: My car was hit by other car from behind, so I claimed and the insurance company gave me some amount as compensation. So can I use that money?


A: It is permissible for you to accept the money from the insurance of the person who had knocked you.

And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

This answer was collected from, where the questions have been answered by Mufti Zakaria Makada (Hafizahullah), who is currently a senior lecturer in the science of Hadith and Fiqh at Madrasah Ta’leemuddeen, Isipingo Beach, South Africa.

Find more answers indexed from:
Read more answers with similar topics: