1. Is applying nail polish during haidh period permissible as we don’t have to make wudhu to pray fardh namaz and when we make ghusl we remove it using nail polish remover?
2. Does applying nail polish amount to imitating kuffaar?
3. Can we use other make up items like lipsticks, mascara etc?
4. Are we allowed to dye (water proof dye) our hair other than black when in haidh period?
1. As a point of consideration, think that if you were to die in that state, your ghusl-e-mayyit will not be complete and when the ghusl is not complete the janaazah namaaz will be incomplete.
2. Yes, we will say to a certain extent.
3. If they have any impure ingredients and they are not porous or they resemble the colours and designs of kuffaar then it is not permissible.
4. As above.
And Allah Ta’ala (الله تعالى) knows best.
Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)