Thinking about the poor and needy

Q: I personally feel so guilty when I eat good foods and wear good clothes and live according to my comforts when I see those African kids dying of hunger and thirst. Will Allah Ta’ala ask us about them? What should be our policy in this matter? I mean can we eat and wear what Allah Ta’ala has given us or we should live very zaahidana life and feed those hungry people? I can’t be peaceful and eat and drink when I see those hungry people who are near to death but how can I feed them all. Please mufti saheb advise me in this regard what should be the stance that I should adopt. Has Allah Ta’ala made lot of people struck in poverty to test people those who are well off?

A: Do what is easy and manageable.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our newsletter subscription and receive 5 Islamic Q&A emailed to you every week!

You have Successfully Subscribed!