Answered by Shaykh Omar Subedar
In the Name of God, Most Merciful, Most Compassionate
I want to know the meaning of few names to name my child. My husband loves Faris name but I don’t like its meaning or maybe I’m just confused over whether it has a good meaning to serve as a name for my boy or not. I also want to know if any of the following names are in the Qur’an or not and what the origins of these names are;
Please help me in this regards.
The following are the meanings of the aforementioned names;
- Faris: Horseman, rider, cavalier.
- Emad: Pillar, support. This word had been used in Sura Al Fajr /89, verse no. 7
- Fa’iq: Superior, outstanding, distinguished.
- Muheeb: Donator, granter.
- Waleed: Newborn, infant, baby. This word had been used in Sura Al Shu’ara /26, verse no. 18
- `Aarizh: Exhibitor, demonstrator, exposer. This word had been used in Sura Al Ahqäf /46, verse no. 24
- Aarib: Skilled, proficient.
The names that have not been used in the Qur’an which are on this list have been derived from their respective root words / verbal nouns.
And Allah Knows Best