Home » Hanafi Fiqh » Darulifta-Deoband.com » I would like to know if it is permissible for a Muslimah to work as a translator for the tribunal. JazakAllah

I would like to know if it is permissible for a Muslimah to work as a translator for the tribunal. JazakAllah

As salamu alaikum, I would like to know if it is permissible for a muslimah to work as a translator for the tribunal. JazakAllah

Answer

(Fatwa: 691/636=D/1429)

It is not a good thing for women to do jobs in offices. They will have to face strange men (non-mahram) though in veil. She will have to talk and deal with each other which are the things of fitna (evils). A father is committed to provide maintenance to his daughter and a husband is asked to provide maintenance to his wife. So, there is no need for women to do jobs which always pose harms and mischief.   

Ad by Muslim Ad Network