About salat on traveling

Answered according to Hanafi Fiqh by Darulifta-Deoband.com
Prev Question
Next Question
My question is if I travel to 300 km where 1. I stay in my father-in-law or my uncle both (Chacha or Mama), 2. Or my son’s home who is stay on rent. 3. Or my friend’s home.
Please explain above condition of to pray salah full or qasr even I have full facility of toilets, food, ghusl etc Please reply as soon as possible.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

(Fatwa: 735/585/D=9/1438)


A man becomes musafir when he leaves the outskirt of the town with the intention of travelling 78 km or more than it. When you leave the town with the intention of travelling three hundred km then you will be Shariah musafir and shall offer qasr salah during the whole way i.e. you shall offer two rakah of the four rakah fardh salah and if you are in a state of comfort and offer the sunnah then it is better and if you miss them then you shall not be sinful for leaving them.

The place which you have visited if it is your native place then you shall become muqim as soon as you reach there, i.e. you shall offer full salah, but if it is not your native place then in case you intend to stay there for fifteen or more days then too you shall become muqim there. And if you intend to stay there less than fifteen days then in such a case you shall offer qasr salah whether you stay at the place of your uncle, or Mamu or friend or son for less than fifteen days then in such a case you shall do qasr. 

Allah knows Best!

Darul Ifta,
Darul Uloom Deoband

This answer was collected from the official ifta website of Darul Uloom Deoband in India.